The ability to provide aggregate and foster municipal relationships are foundations that Segway Group is continuing today across Ontario.
Proven Experience and Trusted Name in Aggregates.
The Graham Family has been in the aggregate business for over 50 years beginning in 1947 as a municipal contracting and aggregate company. In 1960s the Graham Family further expanded in the aggregate business and South Winds Sand & Gravel is a name synonymous for excellent quality aggregates. In 1970 and again in 1971, members of the Graham Family served on the Ministry of Natural Resources Committee to establish the Aggregate Resource Act of Ontario. To this day, it is the governing edict for aggregate operations and site rehabilitation.
Quick Facts – Aggregates
- 1971, The Ontario Aggregate Resource Act was created.
- The Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources was created in 1972 and governs aggregate operations in Ontario
- Sand & Gravel provides the base for all paved highways and roads
- Rehabilitated aggregate sites can be prime real estate for numerous industries
- The Roman Empire was the first to use aggregate to build their vast network of roads and aqueducts.